RULES OF PLAY CTA LOTTERY # RAF1246067
1. Participants must be 18 years of age or older to purchase tickets. Any minor purchasing tickets will be disqualified from participating in the draw or winning.
2. Tickets cannot be purchased in a minor’s name or on their behalf. Again, they and their ticket would be disqualified from participating in the draw or winning.
3. Regardless of your home address, participants must be physically in the province of Ontario at the time of purchase, whether online tickets or paper tickets. If tickets were purchased while not physically in the province, they and their ticket would be disqualified from participating in the draw or winning.
4. Tickets are $10.00 each. Credit and some debit cards are accepted as payment when purchasing tickets online at kinclubofrussell.ca. Point of sale debit/credit machines may also be used for paper ticket sales.
5. There is no limit to the number of tickets available for purchase.
6. The purchaser DOES NOT need to be present at the draw to win.
7. The purchaser does not require the email confirmation or ticket stub to redeem their prize. The winning ticket holder will be notified by phone and advised when and where they can claim their prize. Photo identification will be required to claim any prize. All prizes will be paid by cheque, in Canadian funds, to the person named on the winning ticket.
8. All online tickets receipts will be delivered via email only, within 24 hours of the order confirmation. It is the responsibility of the ticket purchaser to ensure that they receive their receipt, however, purchasers do not need their receipt to be included in the draws or to win. If you have not received your receipts and still require them, please contact Help Desk support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Tickets are only valid for the draw held during the week they were purchased (Except for start-ups or exceptional circumstances). (The week begins Sunday at 4 PM when a new series of ticket numbers are made available and paper tickets last until noon each Sunday (online ticket sales cease at 11:59 PM Saturday), followed by the weekly draw at 3:15 pm Sunday.)
10. For in-person purchase of paper tickets, the purchaser must not deface or alter the ticket by adding address stickers or anything that differentiates the ticket in weight, size or feel. This includes folding, bending or crumpling tickets. Any ticket found that has been altered as above noted will be removed from the draw or disqualified if found in the drum during the raffle draw.
11. For in-person purchase of paper tickets, the purchaser must:
a. Fill in the ticket, including name, contact information and one (1) envelope number (per ticket). Enter a valid envelope number (1 to 52) from the list of available numbers on display at the sales location.
b. Ensure the ticket is filled out completely and legibly.
12. For on-line purchase of tickets, the purchaser must:
a. Enter details, including name, email, contact information and one (1) envelope number. Select a valid envelope number (1 to 52) from the list of available numbers on the drop-down list.
b. Select a charity.
c. Complete the secure payment process using a valid credit or debit card.
13. Details (name of purchaser, contact information and envelope # selected) of tickets purchased on-line will be printed onto paper of the identical size, stock and weight as tickets used for in-person sales and entered into the draw.
14. Each Sunday at 3:15 pm at 1 Birch Court, Russell, Ontario (1) one ticket will be randomly drawn by a Catch the Ace Board of Directors member or designate from all tickets sold that week (both in-person and on-line sales). Only one (1) ticket will be drawn each week. The envelope number shown on the ticket will be opened.
15. If it is deemed necessary by the Kin Club of Russell Catch the Ace Board of Directors to move the draw to a larger or safer/isolated location, AGCO will be notified of the location change. The public will also be informed using social media. Alternatives to the 1 Birch Court Russell, ON site include:
- the Camille Piche Community Centre (8 Blais Street, Embrun, ON),
- the Russell Arena (1084 Concession Street, Russell, ON),
- the Russell Township Sports Dome (150 Sportsplex Street, Embrun, ON).
16. The winning ticket holder will win 20% of the weekly ticket sales and a chance to draw for the current Catch the Ace jackpot. The envelope number as shown on the ticket will be opened.
17. If the drawn ticket does not have an envelope number or has an invalid number, the Catch the Ace Board of Directors or designate will attempt to contact the ticket holder at the phone number (if indicated) on the ticket. The ticket holder will be asked to select a number from the remaining envelope numbers available and that card will be revealed. If for any reason the Catch the Ace Board of Directors or designate is unable to contact the holder, the lowest remaining envelope number will be selected by the Catch the Ace Board of Directors.
18. If the envelope selected contains the Ace of Spades, the ticket holder receives the amount in the Catch the Ace progressive jackpot. This will conclude the series of draws for this raffle. If the envelope selected does not contain the Ace of Spades, the card will be destroyed, and the envelope number is removed from the subsequent draws.
19. Distribution of weekly ticket sales revenue is as follows:
a. 20% to the winning ticket holder;
b. 30% will be added to the jackpot;
c. 50% will go to the Kin Club of Russell, to be distributed for charitable purposes following deduction of legitimate expenses.
20. All draws will be video recorded to ensure raffle integrity. This includes the drawing of the ticket, selection of the envelope, opening the envelope and revealing the card, and destruction of the card.
21. Members of the Kin Club of Russell can purchase Catch the Ace tickets. Members of the Catch the Ace Board of Directors nor any of their direct family members living within their household cannot purchase tickets, with the following exception; Members of the Catch the Ace Board of Directors may assist in purchasing Catch the Ace tickets for others having technical or other difficulties in doing so, as long as they meet all other eligibility requirements.
22. Any winner who is paid a prize agrees to grant to the Kin Club of Russell an irrevocable right to publish, through all types of media broadcasting, including the internet, for the purposes of promoting the win, their full name, hometown and photograph without any claim for broadcasting, printing or other rights.
23. The winner who is paid a prize also gives to the Kin Club of Russell the right to publish any additional information that they voluntarily provide. The winner shall have no claim against the Kin Club of Russell for invasion of privacy or any other ground(s) by reason of the publication or broadcasting of their name, hometown or photograph or information voluntarily provided by the winner.
24. The winner will provide their full name, address and phone number to the Kin Club of Russell for reporting requirements to AGCO. The address and phone number will NOT be made public.
25. Results of the draw will be posted on the Kin Club of Russell website at ca, via Mailchimp to Catch the Ace subscribers and on the Kin Club of Russell’s Facebook page. Once the Ace of Spades is revealed, the game is concluded, and AGCO is notified immediately.
26. The raffle will be run until the Ace of Spades has been revealed.
27. This raffle operates under the terms and conditions of AGCO.
28. The Kin Club of Russell acknowledges, that as per AGCO regulations and that as the licencee, it has the final decision on how funds will be distributed amongst the charities.
29. The Kin Club of Russell reserves the right to prohibit or refuse ticket sales to any individual.
30. The jackpot and weekly win estimates are just that…estimates. The Kin Club of Russell uses graphs and calculations based on previous performance and sales to estimate jackpot and weekly win amounts, however, they are best estimates only and the actual figures only will be redeemed. The exact amount of the weekly draw prize and the progressive jackpot will be announced prior to each draw.
31. Prizes will be secured for a period of six (6) months following each weekly draw. Unclaimed prizes will be reported to, and a charitable allocation will be approved by, the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.
32. By purchasing a ticket in the Kin Club of Russell’s Catch the Ace Lottery Raffle, the purchaser acknowledges that they have read, understood, and agreed to these rules. All inquiries regarding the conduct, chance of winning, prizing or procedures of lotteries are to be made to the Kin Club of Russell prior to the purchase of an online or paper ticket.
33. At least two members of the Catch the Ace Board of Directors must participate in the creation of the 52 new envelopes for the new draw. The creation of the new envelopes is recorded and available on our website for public view.
a. A new deck of 52 playing cards is shuffled thoroughly and placed face down. They are then individually placed into envelopes (cards are still face down) and then sealed. Once all 52 cards have been placed into envelopes and sealed, they are again shuffled/mixed. They are then numbered/labelled individually from 1 – 52, then placed in numerical order in a locked display case.
b. The locked display case is held in the possession of a member of the Catch the Ace Board of Directors.